Thursday, September 11, 2008

All your base are belong to us

ok. I know that as advertisers, we're constantly analyzing the psychology of niche markets. Trying to use relevant human truths that speak to consumers and manipulate their behavior into profit. I got it. But, with this knowledge, it still amazes me when they get in. When it works on me. Case and Point: Coca-Cola Classic.

Coke spends close to two billion dollars a year on advertising. And still I don't acredit that with my devout love for coke. If I want a coke and find myself at a Pepsi-affiliated restaurant, I get water. But it goes beyond that. When I think about coca-cola, I don't just think about delicious, bubblybrown soda. I think about summertime and first kisses and tree forts. Not because some instructor told me that's what coca-cola stood for, but because deep down I believe my mom when she says Coca-Cola Classic--above all sodas--is good for the soul. What a sucker! That's the very definition of branding. They win.

Hopefully I can one day brand a product like that. Maybe that's my new go-to headline "(Insert Product Name Here): Above all (genre of product)s is good for the soul." done. genius.

Oh and check out this virtual kiss from Arnau in Paris:


Watch live video from Arnaud from Paris on Justin.tv

Yeah. Let me know if you want his phone number. great.

2 comments:

Amanda Fazzini said...

you cant have arnaud he's mine. although, last time i was in nyc he told me i dont care about him and to forget it! OUCH my parisian lova

Andrew said...

this made me feel so awkward i had to turn it off