Monday, October 27, 2008

Man v. Wild

Why do the people at Kinkos have to be as NOT HELPFUL as possible. I just had a man with a kinkos name-tag AND poncho refuse to use words in assisting me, resorting to a series of several points and grunts, and ending with direct avoidance of eye contact upon realizing I still needed his help. And inevitabely I somehow spent money NOT accomplishing anything I set out to do there. Smiles are free people! So are complete sentences. Hopefully he knows this now, seeing how I yelled those sentiments and dodged out of the store like a five years old kid. And also hopefully he didn't see the couple of pissy tears I shed in the parking lot.

On a lighter note, sometimes, across rooms, when people say the words "pretty cool" I think they have said my name, "Brittany Poole." I'm not sure if this is vanity or a just a worldly truth :) But it usually warrants a smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day, I was contemplating the afterlife and the concept of Heaven, then you smiled at me, and I saw it.

Anonymous said...

sometimes people say Damn, and I think they are calling my name. My name's Anna.